To receive your Medication Aide Certification in Wyoming there are certain criteria that individuals must meet. Below is the qualifications for application to the MA-C training program:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Obtained a High School diploma or GED
- Have a current, unencumbered (no discipline or condition/restrictions against) CNA certificate with successful completion of CNA II program
Once you have completed a Wyoming MA-C training class, you must then complete the following in order to become certified:
- Complete the MACE application and mail to the Wyoming State Board of Nursing office. You must include a copy of your MA-C completion certificate with the application.
- The State Board of Nursing will then process the application and make you eligible with Pearson Vue.
- Pearson Vue will then email you your authorization to test (ATT) which will include the ID number that you will need to register with Pearson Vue.
- Once you have received your ATT, you must register for the exam and schedule your test date. Go to www.pearsonvue.com/mace/wy, create an account, register, and schedule for the exam.
When you register for the exam, you will want to make sure that your name is correct and matches exactly the proof of identity (i.e. driver's license) you will use at the testing center.
Once the Board of Nursing receives a score of "PASS" from Pearson Vue, your MA certification will be issued. You will then receive an email when the certification is issued.
After you are declared eligible by your board of nursing, you will receive an ATT email from PearsonVue. You must have your ATT email to schedule an appointment to take the MAC examination.
The ATT email contains the authorization number, candidate identification number and an expiration date. Each ATT email is valid for a period of time specified by your board of nursing it can vary anywhere from 60 days to 365 days; however, the average is 90 days). Once your board of nursing declares eligibility and the ATT email is issued, you must test within the validity dates of your ATT email.
The ATT validity dates may not be extended for any reason. If you do not test within these dates, you will have to reregister and repay the examination fee.
Answers to questions about and for Pearson Vue may be found at www.pearsonvue.com/mace/wy or call 888-556-9938, quick transfer code 261283.
Current Listing of Medication Aide Certification Training in Wyoming
Campbell County Memorial Hospital (Gillette) – Darla Parks, MSN, RN
Phone: 307-688-6042 or email@example.com
Carbon County Higher Education Center (Rawlins)
Barbara James, MS, RN - Phone: 307-328-9274 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Jo Kennon Stratton, BSN, RN - Phone: 307-321-0670 or email@example.com
Wyoming CNA Services (Mills) - Nubia Urquijo-Arana, BSW, MSN, RN
Phone: 307-797-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Wyoming College (Riverton) – Judy McGilvray
Phone: 307-855-2256 or email@example.com
Eastern Wyoming College (Torrington) – Gwen Yung, BSN, RN
Phone: 307-532-8207 or Gwendolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org